Sunday, 27. December 2009
There are ways to recover lost Windows passwords without a password reset disk but they’re often complicated and time consuming.
Be proactive by creating a password reset disk today. With a Windows 7 password reset disk, forgetting your password is no longer a crisis.
Follow the easy steps below to create a password reset disk for your Windows 7 account:
- Click on Start and then Control Panel in Windows 7.
- Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.Note: If you’re viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won’t see this link. Simply double-click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.
- Click on the User Accounts link.Important: Before you proceed, make sure have some kind of portable media to create a password reset disk on. This means that you will need a flash drive or a floppy disk drive and blank floppy disk.You will not be able to create a Windows 7 password reset disk on a CD, DVD, or external hard drive.
- In the task pane on the left, click the Create a password reset disk link.Note: Did you get a No Drive warning message? If so, you do not have a floppy disk or USB flash drive connected. You’ll need to do this before continuing.
- When the Forgotten Password Wizard window appears, click Next
- In the I want to create a password key disk in the following drive: drop down box, choose the portable media drive to create a Windows 7 password reset disk on.Click Next to continue.
- With the disk or other media still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click Next.
- Windows 7 will now create the password reset disk on your chosen media.When the progress indicator shows 100% complete, click Next and then click Finish in the next window.
- You can now remove the flash drive or floppy disk from your computer.Label the disk Password Reset and store it in a safe place.