Thursday, 14. July 2011
Sometimes you may need to boot your computer to a disk instead if the installed operating system. For example, if you forgot Windows password on Acer and want to reset it by using a bootable password reset CD/DVD created through the help of Windows Password Unlocker Professional, you’ll be required to set BIOS of your locked Acer computer to boot from the bootable CD/DVD for Windows password recovery. Here will show you how to boot from CD/DVD in Acer.
1. Power on your Acer computer, and watch for the message to appear on the screen as the system boots up that says, “Press … to enter setup” or similar. Press the keys mentioned in the message simultaneously to enter the BIOS of the laptop.
2. Arrow over to the “Boot” heading on the screen and press the “Enter”.
3. On the coming window, arrow down to “Boot Device Priority” and press “Enter” to make it active.
4. Press the right or left arrow to change the device to “CDROM” and press “Enter.” Use the arrow key to select “2nd Boot Device” and press “Enter,” and then use the right or left arrow to select “Hard Drive” and press “Enter” again.
5. Use the right arrow to move over to the “Exit” option at the top of the BIOS screen and press “Enter.”
Please note that how to access the BIOS on your Acer laptop varies from model to model. Not all models access BIOS in the same manner. Following are the most commonly used key to access BIOS of Acer computer.
Acer – Aspire, Power, Veriton, Extensa, Ferrari, TravelMate, Altos
1. Press Del or F2 immediately after power on.
2. The BIOS on the Acer Altos 600 server uses the Ctrl+Alt+Esc key and the F1 key for advanced options.
3. Older Acer computers may use also use the F1 or Ctrl+Alt+Esc keys to access BIOS.
Ok, next time, if you want to reset Windows password on your Acer PC, just boot from a CD/DVD with Windows Password Unlocker. After Bios settings, you can reset your forgotten Windows password with the bootable CD/DVD/USB.